Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pleasant Surprise

Today I actually encountered a nice driver of a large vehicle in Dallas. Most Dallas drivers lean toward self-indulgence (myself sometimes included), but this one noticed I couldn't see past his big front-end, smiled, and backed up so I could see to turn right. People who drive large vehicles often forget the little guys, so this person was quite unique. God bless whoever you are!!! ^_^
Speaking of big-vehicle drivers who ignore the little guys, my sister got hit by one the other day. She's only 16 and just barely learned to drive a standard. To be more precise, she was not hit, but backed onto. Yes, ONTO, not INTO. Her little white Metro must have been invisible to the guy in front of her. He stopped at the stop sign, and then shifted to reverse. She found the horn, and only then did he notice her. Her car wouldn't start--the whole front end of the "egg-mobile" was smashed in. It's in the shop now.
I leave for Japan on Tuesday...I still haven't finished unpacking the boxes from my old apt.........
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggg