Thursday, July 13, 2006

the church as a family


I know Scripture talks about the church being a family--esp. like a marriage. But I never thought of being involved in more than one church at a time as trying to be a member of two families at once. That's something I was just told today. I'm to remember the roles of the pastor and others, as well as mine, recognize them, respect them, and keep them. It can be detrimental for me to try to serve in two churches at one time. The church I serve in should be the one whose pastor I am accountable to and who is responsible for my spiritual welfare.
This is a really new concept for me, so it will take some time for me to really grasp and believe it.
Above are some pictures (maybe just one, I don't know how many loaded) from when Makito (my previous roommate[Satoko]'s bf) came to the church here.
busy busy busy busy.........................