Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Japanese Gospel Choir

Today I got to hang out with Shigeko, whom I met last year on my first trip to Tokyo. She hasn't been a Christian for too long, and it was great to be able to encourage her in her faith.
She showed me a great time. Shigeko herself is a riot, and her friends are all very unique people. After going to my first Japanese yard sale, we went to see a church's Gospel choir perform (I'll try uploading a video later...it isn't working now). I could tell they practiced really hard. English is soooo different from Japanese, especially in pronuncian. Props to the gospel choir!
Afterward, Shigeko, Rita (a missionary from Brazil), Midori, Megu (the latter two nonChristian ladies) and I went out to eat for dinner. The restaurant was Jonathan's (no, it doesn't belong to my elder brother...). Quite fun. I hope I can hang out with them again. Megu and I exchanged e-mails and phone numbers.
Tomorrow I'll give my testimony in Japanese...this is my third time to do it. Daiju translated it, and I'm just reading (not quoting) it, but it's still hard for me. At least I can get others to read the Scripture verses. That makes it easier for me...but it's still hard.
May God be glorified!!!